While it may seem that the terms "easy" and "affordable" don't necessarily fit with "background checks", we believe it to be true. With decade (and then some) in the screening business, VeriFirst offers simple and accessible background checks plus experience, plus high quality customer service, plus verification of the background check data we obtain. At the risk of sounding like a commercial, allow us to explain.
How can background checks be easy and affordable and still help you hire quality employees for your business?
Easy Background Checks
There are a few things that make employers hesitate when it comes to background screening. If hiring a professional background screening company means that the process will take longer or involve more resources, then your HR manager may resort to simply looking up your applicant on the internet and call it a day. We've already covered several of the reasons why background checks fail including unverified information and the potential for lawsuits.
We've been doing this for a while and we know how to make the process as painless as possible.
- We can help implement background screening policies that are consistent and reliable.
- We know best practices for obtaining applicant consent in a secure and easy way.
- We've already built out sample templates for background check consent, pre-adverse and adverse action notices and more.
- We know background screening and can recommend which screens you actually need. (Hint: Not all of them.)
Believe it or not, all of the things that make background checks easy also make them affordable.
Affordable Background Screening Options
What exactly does a background check cost? If employers aren't armed with the right questions to ask when they're researching a screening company, searching for a reliable background check partner can be daunting. At VeriFirst, we want to make the process affordable because we believe in hiring the right person for the right job, the first time. Here's how to lower the cost of screening:
- Only run the background checks that are necessary for each job.
- Implement an online screening platform or work with a background check partner that has one included free with your screens.
- Conduct the screens in a waterfall approach. For instance, run minimal screens initially and then more in depth screening after the field has been narrowed to a few applicants.
- Leverage bundled services or volume-based pricing.
Get Background Checks and more!
At VeriFirst, we work with our clients to verify the data we uncover in background checks and do our best to ensure FCRA compliance. Our staff is FCRA-certified and available to answer questions to make the screening process easy and affordable. Our sample templates and other screening best practices are available in our new Complete HR Screening Kit.
Download yours by clicking the link below and let us know how we can help!