Posted by Ryan Howard on Fri, Jul 24, 2020
If you're looking for COVID-19 testing for your employees or prospective job candidates, VeriFirst can help.
Our employee background screening services already include pre and post employment screening plus urinalysis drug screening. We have leveraged our current relationships with laboratories to offer virus testing to help keep your staff safe and healthy. Results will be delivered securely and in compliance with federal regulations.
Read to learn more about COVID-19 testing as part of an employment background check.
The Cost of Employer COVID-19 Testing
Conducting a COVID-19 test through a third-party processor or background screening company means the employer assumes the cost of the test. At this point in national testing, an employee or candidate could get tested on their own, via home tests, pharmacies or clinics, and self-pay or use medical insurance. They will need to ensure the sample is collected properly and the wait time could be one to two weeks, depending on the testing lab. When safety, convenience and turnaround matters more than cost, it could be worthwhile for the employer to cover the cost.
The billable cost to the employer is estimated to be between $90 - $150, depending on the type of test requested (Antibody test vs. Symptomatic test).
Each of these tests come in a “kit” and would be sent from VeriFirst directly to the employee, or to the employer. There are no minimum tests required so VeriFirst could offer a single test kit, or a bulk order.
Types of COVID-19 Testing
Depending on the needs of the employer, the following tests can be offered:
ANTIBODY TEST: CRL Clear™
- Lab-based dried blood spot finger stick test that detects the presence of COVID-19 antibodies
- Tests for both short and long-term exposure
- Test can be self-administered and shipped directly to the lab
- Turnaround time: 24-48 hours
SYMPTOMATIC TEST: CRL Rapid Response™
- Lab-based saliva test for symptomatic individuals that detects active viral load of Covid-19
- Test can be self-administered and shipped directly to the lab for testing
- Turnaround time: 2-4 days
Advantages of VeriFirst COVID-19 TestingWhen an employer chooses to work with VeriFirst for their COVID-19 testing, they can be assured that it is approved by the FDA under the Emergency Use Authorization. Other advantages include:
- Non-invasive, self-administered collection: no needles, uncomfortable nasal swabs, or clinic required
- VeriFirst can ship a single kit directly to the employee OR we can bulk ship kits to the employer
- Lab-based tests that provide superior accuracy over instant products
An an employer, it's important to you to keep your workplace safe and healthy. It's also important to keep employee information safe and keep all HR policies within federal compliance. Let us know if VeriFirst can help.